Tuesday, February 18, 2014

New Blog, New Rules

So this is the beginning of this blog. Not the beginning of my weight loss journey but I don’t think I could have blogged while I did that. I’m starting this for two reasons. Firstly, to hold myself accountable to the world (i.e. the internet) to stick to the new rules I’m going to set for myself and to keep up with the lifestyle that got me to where I am now. Secondly, I think everyone can benefit from sharing what they know about getting healthy and balancing their lives so why not share what I have to say with everyone out there who cares to read. 

Starting off I’ve always been heavy. Starting from age 10-12 I was always overweight but it didn’t really get bad until mid-high school. At my highest weight I was anywhere between 240-250, I can't’ remember exactly.  

When I started trying to lose weight I was about 200 pounds and that was in April of 2011 (I was 18, I am currently 21) and I weighed about 220 pounds. I am now about 155, or somewhere around there depending on the day. I’m not sure if I want to lose more weight, but I know for a fact that I want to get healthier. I’m 155, which is within the normal BMI range, but I’m more fat than muscle and I would like that to change. 

To be completely honest with the blogging community, last summer (May 2013) I underwent abdominoplasty to remove the excess skin from my abdomen from my weight loss. I’m sure I will post about this in another blog but for now I wanted to make sure it was out there so people knew.

Also, I love food. Cooking. Eating. Reading about food. Watching cooking shows. I love it all and that doesn't make this journey any easier but this blog will not only be about weight loss but also about food. Beyond food it will probably also serve as somewhat of a journal of my everyday life and general well being as well being is a big part of losing weight and getting healthy. I'm also a giant nerd, so, I'm sure that will make it in here somewhere as well. I might post progress pic's of some kind, but we will see.


As I mentioned earlier, I have some new rules that I'm going to try to stick to, starting as soon as possible, although I'm not sure I can actually start following the gym ones until next monday. Mostly because I am a full time college student with a job and a boyfriend and a social life, so, yeah. 

RULES (more of guidelines than actual rules)

Food Rules

  1. No soda or other sugary beverages.
    1. No artificial sweeteners.
  2. Drink at least 2L of water a day. 
  3. Eat at least 1 piece of fruit a day. 
  4. No snacking because I'm bored or someone else is eating. 
  5. Try and pick the healthier option at restaurants once in a while. 
  6. Drinking is reserved for Fridays-Sundays. 
    1. Unless I'm out at a resturant, in which all bets are off. 
    2. Or have some kind of social event that is preplanned. 
  7. No buying food 'treats' in exchange for a tough day or doing something good. 
Exercise rules 
  1. I will start waking up at 7 Monday - Friday
  2. Monday I will do some crunches/pushups/planks before I shower for work. 
  3. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday I will go to the gym before class. 
  4. Wednesday I will try and go for a run/go to the gym, but this is more optional. 
  5. Saturday and Sunday I will walk at least 10,000 steps and try to take more walks. 
In anycase, here we go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment