Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I Hate Exercise

I'm not going to lie to you guys (all 1 of my readers as far as I know). I hate exercising. It's not so much the physical act of exercising that I hate, more so it's all the work before and after that I hate. I hate having to change clothes specifically to exercise. Making sure I have my keys, phone, ID, headphones and water before I go to the gym or for a run or something is tedious. Then, after you've exercised and that whole deal you are gross and sticky and have to walk back home and take a shower, get dressed again and go about your day.

That being said, and by said I mean complained about, exercise is vitally important for staying healthy. If I had more time and money I would look for other forms of exercise that I enjoy more, like hiking or yoga, but at the moment I'm limited to the gym and walking. No matter what though, even if it's just taking a walk everyday, everyone can and should get up and exercise at least 3-4 times a week.

It is only Tuesday but so far this week I have stuck to my rules. I woke up at 7(7:30 on Monday), I did 3 sets of 20 crunches, 20 pushups, 20 leg lifts, 20 squats, and 20 lunges before taking my shower for work. I was rather sore for the first hour of work but I got through it. I also got my 10,000 steps in. Today I got up, and I went to the gym, I used the treadmill for 25 minutes, running for 20 minutes (which is actually the longest I've ever run without stopping) and then used a few of the machines. Not bad I think.

I haven't had any soda or artificial sweeteners, but man do I miss diet coke. I've pretty much stuck to the fruit and water thing, I'm not counting the water so much though, I'm just using my 1L water bottle all day. I haven't snacked at all, although I did have some beanitos chips with my burger last night. I've done well on the drinking as well. I did cave and buy myself a 'treat' this morning but it was a veggie smoothie from whole foods for breakfast so I don't feel bad.

This week is looking pretty good though. Today for lunch one of my classes is having a lunch based on african food so that should be interesting (I made ginger beer). I'll take some pictures and post them here (I lied. I took no pictures). My boyfriend has promised to make dinner tonight and Thursday because I have a class that runs till 9 and I should be taking my last bartending class on Saturday (yes I'm in a bartending class, more on this in another post).

I have nothing to leave you all with today sadly, no recipe and no rules. But I will tell you to get up and go exercise! (Unless you already did, in which case, props to you.)


No comments:

Post a Comment