Sunday, February 23, 2014

Getting warmer

As I suspected, I have not had time to exercise according to my rules so far this week. This, as is evidenced by my first post, was expected and exercising will begin bright and early tomorrow at 7am before I go to work. From that point forward I will be doing my best to stick to my exercising rules as best I can. I have managed to walk at least 10,000 steps every day this week (thank you fitbit) so at least there is that.

In terms of food I stuck to all my rules aside from Friday where my teacher handed out chocolates so hell no was I going to say no to that. I don't know if anything in particular has changed from this first week of attempted lifestyle changes but at least it is a beginning. A beginning is better than not starting at all.

Other good things that have happened recently are that I was given a blender so there will be many more smoothies in my life which will be good once summer comes around. Living in DC means that the weather has been all over the place and for the first time in months it was warm enough to actual make a smoothie. Because this is a health/food blog and I figure people don't just want to read what I'm doing I'll finish this post off with a recipe.

Long Story Short

Getting warmer in DC. Got a blender. Stuck to my food rules. And I have a relaxing week ahead.
Also. Beat Bioshock Infinite. Aw yeah.



PB&J Smoothie
1 cup mixed frozen berries
1 tablespoon of peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
1 tablespoon of chia/flax seed blend (I use this kind)
1 cup of vanilla almond mix (no sugar added)

Put them all in a blender and blend until smooth, more almond mix and/or water may be needed. It's a nice midday 'snack'.

1 comment:

  1. When I grow up I want your refrigerator. It'd be such a magical place.

    ReplyDelete